The Russian monument is the first monument to be built in the capital of the newly liberated Principality of Bulgaria in 1882 .
The Russian monument was built on the road which Osman Nuri Paşa used to flee from Sofia to Pernik on 22 December 1877.
The Russian monument is an obelisk, a rectangular pyramid with a three-step pedestal. The eastern side of the memorial features a marble relief of the coat of arms of Russia and the Order of St. George, and a text commemorating Alexander II .
Today, it stands in the middle of an important round junction of the Skobelev and Totleben boulevards.
The Five Corners junction, Macedonia Square and the Pirogov Hospital are located nearby.
Политика за поверителност и бисквитки
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.